February 3, 2013

Resolutions 2: Get organized or re-organize your space

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." - Eleanor Roosevelt

(Editor's Note:  I realized I posted Resolution 3 before 2.  No rhyme or reason, I was just really enjoying reminiscing about the start of my career!)
 


At the end of the day or week, I try to take an extra 5 minutes to pull together my assignments for the next day/week.  It helps me to hit the ground running.  Organization is essential to being an effective and efficient Paralegal.  Sometimes little changes help, whether it be rethinking how you file your emails or keep track of your projects.  If you can afford it or your firm/employers allow it, think about adding some color to your work.  I love to use color folders to represent different clients or types of work.  Visual reminders can help identify work quickly and help you prioritize your assignments.  The most important tip I can give is to find what works best for you, but make sure it is a system you can commit to and stick with for at least 6 months or more. 

What are the ways you like to stay organized?   

No comments:

Post a Comment