April 23, 2013

My Paralegal Playlist

Music is the shorthand of emotion.  - Leo Tolsto

I love music.  In my opinion, the right song can describe any situation and can help inspire me, motivate me or help me navigate through a rough day or rough patch in my career.  Let's take a peek at some of the songs on my paralegal playlist!

Does anyone else miss the days of cassette
walk mans and portable CD players?

When I need inspiration:
"Suddenly I see" by KT Tunstall - one of my all time favorite songs.  I turn this one up if I'm looking for a little meaning in my career (yes, we all have those days), discover a new career goal, or simply need reminding about how awesome I am as a paralegal.
"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield - the words help me remember that my career is an open book and I have control over the path I take. 

When I need motivation:
 Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor - just humming that "du, du du du, du du du, du, du, du" (yes, I am humming the beat in my head as I type) an awesome song that can get this paralegal pumped to finish a tough assignment.
"Good Life" by One Republic -  reminder to keep your head up and focus on the positive. 
"Hall of Fame" by The Script - the lyrics speak for themselves.  Plus, I think there should be a Paralegal Hall of Fame.  I know some very deserving Paralegals!
 
And of course, we all need songs to help you get through those occasional rough days at the office or rough patch in your career:
"I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.  You bet I'm including this one.  The thing to remember is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep moving forward.  Each day presents its own unique set of challenges and this song can give you just the boost you are looking for to remember what a great paralegal you truly are!
 "Everything's gonna be alright" Bob Marley - if you are experiencing a rough patch in your career, just remember things will get better.  They may take time and action on your part, but the sun does keep coming up each day. 

While this is not an expansive list, these songs have served a purpose for me in my career.  What are some songs on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment